Care at home is one of our most prolific and beneficial care service. Research and experience have shown that caring for individuals in their social and living environment significantly reduces re-admittance, recidivism and a potential crisis.
Who is eligible?
– Persons who are physically and/or mentally unable to come to MHF.
– Persons who do not want to come to MHF.
– Persons who require at-home guidance and support.
– Persons who have risk of repeated hospitalization due to persistent mental illness.
– Persons who have history of medication non adherence.
– Persons who are under care, following a recent discharge from the admission facility.
How is it organized?
Each client is assigned to a case manager. In collaboration with the client and their family, the case manager will setup an individual care plan that best fits the needs of the client. Such a care plan might include: - Assessing the safety of the client's environment.
- Overseeing if medication is taken properly.
- Informing client and family about mental illness and treatment.
- Assistance and guidance toward a steady income/living situation/social situation.
Visits generally happen on a weekly basis, but this varies depending on the tailored care plan. The status of the person is re-evaluated every week by a team of healthcare professionals and adjusted/finalized when appropriate. Where to begin?